Garlic Jim’s Famous Gourmet Pizza
Gluten-Free Pizza Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does Garlic Jim’s protect against cross-contamination?
Garlic Jim’s has specific procedures in place to protect against cross-contamination. We store our gluten-free (GF) crusts in a separate place in our walk-in coolers and sauce them using dedicated spoodles (combination spoon/ladle) and dedicated sauce containers. We place a GF crust on a dedicated GF screen and use GF peels and cutters to remove the pizza from the oven and cut it prior to delivery or pickup. We also use separate towels to clean our GF pizza cutters to ensure that there is no cross-contamination.
Further, we slap our regular pizzas in a GF flour mix so all the flour flying around in our stores is actually GF.
Our staff is trained to wash their hands before beginning the preparation of a GF pizza and to use special care not to bring the GF crusts into contact with anything that might lead to cross-contamination.
2. What are the ingredients of Garlic Jim’s gluten-free pizza crust?
Rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, potato flakes, sugar, salt, garlic powder, yeast, olive oil, water, Italian seasoning.
3. What does a gluten-free pizza look like?
Our gluten-free pizzas look very similar to thin crust pizzas. The GF pizza crust is thin and crispy. If you’ve ordered more than one pizza and want to make sure which is the GF crust, please ask a crew member at the store. They’ll be glad to help you identify which pizza is gluten-free.
4. How important is the Gluten Free Food Service Accreditation from the Gluten Intolerance Group?
The Gluten Free Food Service Accreditation from the Gluten Intolerance Group is very important because it validates our efforts to maintain an environment free from crosscontamination and assures our valuable gluten-free customers that we are a safe place to enjoy pizza.
5. How long has Garlic Jim’s had this accreditation?
In December 2009, Garlic Jim’s Famous Gourmet Pizza was the first pizza chain to receive Gluten Free Food Service Accreditation from the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America. Garlic Jim’s has been continuously accredited since 2009.
6. What about all the flour I see flying around the store and on aprons, etc.?
All the flour flying around the store and being used to slap our regular pizzas is glutenfree. It’s a special mix made for Garlic Jim’s that consists of rice and corn meal.
7. Is there soy in the gluten-free crust?
There is no soy in our gluten-free pizza crust.
8. Are there dairy products in the gluten-free crust?
There are no dairy products in our gluten-free pizza crust.
9. Are there nuts in the gluten-free crust?
There are no nuts in our gluten-free pizza crust. However, one of our specialty pizzas uses cashew nuts as an ingredient (the Nutty Chipotle).
10. Does Garlic Jim’s maintain a nut-free environment in its stores?
One of our specialty pizzas (the Nutty Chipotle) uses cashew nuts as an ingredient. We try to minimize any cross-contamination but cannot guarantee that there will not be contact with cashew nuts.
11. Is the gluten-free crust vegan?
Garlic Jim’s gluten-free crust is vegan as it contains no animal products or by-products.
12. Are Garlic Jim’s toppings all gluten-free?
All of Garlic Jim’s toppings are gluten-free.
13. Are Garlic Jim’s sauces all gluten-free?
Garlic Jim’s sauces are gluten-free with one exception. Our Garlic Basil sauce DOES contain gluten and therefore our Jim’s Garlic Chicken Pizza is not gluten-free unless it is made without the Garlic Basil sauce.
14. What other Garlic Jim’s menu items are gluten-free?
Garlic Jim’s Hot wings, Ribs, Gourmet Cheesecake and certain flavors of our gourmet ice cream are all gluten-free.
15. Is there a coating on the Hot wings and if so, what is used instead of wheat?
Our Hot wings are glazed with: pepper sauce (aged cayenne pepper, vinegar, salt), soybean oil, water, nonfat dry milk, xanthan gum and propylene glycol alginate. They do contain SOY and MILK.
16. Are there plans for more gluten-free products?
We are always looking for gluten-free products to add to our menu and welcome suggestions from our customers.
17. Are the salads at Garlic Jim’s gluten-free?
Yes, our three salad options and our dressings are all gluten-free. The only ingredient that isn’t gluten-free is the croutons and they are packaged and optional.
18. What does the disclaimer say at the bottom of the online GF menu?
*This product is not intended for consumption by those individuals suffering from wheat allergies as the presence of wheat flour and other products in this location may lead to cross-contamination. Garlic Jim's makes every attempt to identify ingredients that may cause allergic reactions for those with food allergies. Every effort is made to instruct our food production staff on the severity of food allergies, but there is always a risk of contaminations. There is also a possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change the formulation or make an ingredient substitution at any time without notice. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of this risk.